Friday 24 September 2010

Amelie: The Soundtrack

I feel inspired to write a short piece just sharing the most beautiful soundtrack to a wonderful film. Amelie is a fantastic piece of French cinema, possibly the most popular and accepted of my generation, and I've included a couple of tracks below that really hold their own without playing second fiddle to the scenary you're supposed to be concentrating on, or the characters you're supposed to be watching. I hope you enjoy them, and if you haven't seen the film I urge you to do so. The fact that it's in French with subtitles puts a lot of people off, but you get used to it and besides, it's so well shot and indeed crafted you find youself often not taking notice of the words at all but instead getting lost among the alien tongue.







3 comments:

  1. I was introduced to the soundtrack before I watched the movie by a friend of mine.
    And I have fallen in love with it. I have fallen in love with Yann Tiersen in general at the time, but Amelie's soundtrack was something different, mesmerizing.
    Once I watched the movie, everything made even more sense and the beautiful harmony between the movie and the soundtrack made it more dream-like.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for this post! I love this movie! I think my favorite soundtrack song is La Valse d'Amelie.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MaFDhiIUz98&feature=player_embedded

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to write :)