Sunday 25 April 2010

Love's The Only Rule!



This is such a great song. And Tico Torres is the most underestimated drummer in rock, he just holds everything together so perfectly but when he lets go just a little bit it's such a treat! The passion with which he plays is unmatched, he's just a powerhouse! Nothing ever over-fancy, just truly great.

I enjoyed Later... this week; Kate Nash is back to her old boring chord-progressions but I enjoyed Plan B and his nod to Smokey Robinson, and also Band of Horses were pretty groovy. Melody Gardot was great, really dingy smoky stuff Jerry Dammer's Spatial AKA Orchestra were...interesting!

I also checked out Avett Brothers this week, whose likeness to the fantasic Kings of Leon is uncanny; they are from Nashville, are bearded with long hair and are related (although, I believe, don't beat each other up after shows!). But from what I've heard I've really enjoyed, a cross between KOL and Mumford & Sons, so check them out!

Unfortunately all the artists I've been trying to contact to review are all just wrapping up their latest EPs and albums over the next month so I'm probably going to have a bombardment in about a month of loads of reviews for you!

That is all for now, enjoy your week and remember, love is the only rule :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to write :)