Thursday 11 February 2010

Mike Rew's Backstage Bon Jovi Tour

Check out this video to see Mike Rew, Bon Jovi's backline crew manager for The Circle tour, as he shows us round the backstage arena set-up. The robotic video-screen arms are particularly cool; I love how Bon Jovi are always at the forefront of all live music audio and visual technological advances.

From what I understand, the arena set-ups will feature an 'in the round' stage, although the band won't be stationed in the centre of the arena. Guess it's a way to sell more tickets behind the stage!

Kid Rock was this week announced as the support act for the two latest o2 shows in London, although personally I hope he's not there on the 13th June when I will be! When I first saw the band in 2005, Nickelback opened up for them at the City of Manchester Stadium which was wicked. Most recently at St Mary's Stadium in Southampton in 2007, The Feeling were supporting the UK leg shows, although my show was the only one without a major support act! Although Biffy Clyro was rumoured, I had to make do with a local radio DJ playing Alice Cooper records and a teenage competition-winning band!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to write :)